Watch the video blog at https://youtu.be/LQp3B-ru1DU
If you have ever been anxious about, dreaded, struggled with, or downright bombed an interview, this is the place for you! All September, I will be covering interviews to help you get your skills up to par so you can interview confidently and with composure.
Today is all about the basics, so settle in.
When you get offered an interview, the first thing to do is your happy dance. You got an interview! Woot, woot! That means you worked your resume and networks well, which deserves recognition.
The second thing to do is find out all you can about the company. Who to they serve? What’s their mission? Learn all you can about them so you know who you’re going to be talking to.
Third, decide how you’re getting there and what you’ll wear. Don’t just Google Map it and call things good, but check out how long it takes at the time of day you’ll be going. Plan to arrive 15 minute early so you can settle in, go to the restroom, and so forth. (More on how to dress in the following weeks!)
Next, review questions you’ve found challenging in the past and how to answer them. (More on this topic coming soon, too, so let me know if you have some specific questions you’ve struggled with and I’ll try to address them.)
Finally, give yourself a little pep talk. What have people told you you’re good at? What qualifies you for this job? You’ve got this!
The last thing I want to say today is that in September, I’m launching a FALL SPECIAL! Sign up for my Downer Job to Dream Career program for $100 off and 3 extra resume reviews. That means that for $1400, you get:
- 3 months of support, with individual sessions every other week
- Help with career exploration, meeting your needs, finding jobs, networking, resumes, cover letters, interviewing, salary negotiation, giving notice, and making an impact in your new job
- 6 resume and cover letter reviews (not just 3!)
- Career assessments (Myers-Briggs, Strong Interest Inventory) at no additional cost
- For Denver residents, free access to bi-monthly Job Search Group meetings
- Monthly Career Tips email
- 2 30-minute practice interviews
Want more? Email me at [email protected] or call 720-839-9769 for a free initial consultation and information about the special. To qualify, you must sign up by September 30, 2019.